AIA Maryland Excellence in Design Awards 2018
The 2018 program has concluded.
Join us on September 27th at the U.S. Naval Academy Stadium
as we celebrate excellence in design.
Purchase tickets HERE
- Projects designed by AIA Maryland members in good standing built anywhere in the world.
(Exception: Projects considered for Public Building of the Year must be located in the state of Maryland.)
- Projects built in Maryland designed by AIA members in good standing from other states who were licensed to practice in Maryland at the time of the project’s completion.
- Built and unbuilt projects completed on or after January 1, 2013 and not having previously received an award from AIA Maryland.
- UNBUILT projects that have previously received an AIA Maryland award may not be resubmitted as BUILT projects.
There is no limit to the number of projects that may be entered by a firm and all materials included in submissions must be cleared for public reproduction. The eligible member submitting the project must be a principal member of the design team responsible for the project or, a principal of the firm that is responsible for the project. Entries must be submitted by the Firm of Record or the Architect of Record.
- Friday, June 15, 2018: Submission Forms, Material Uploads and Entry Fees are due by 11:59pm EDT. Entry fee payments may be made by credit card in the submission portal when the project is ready for final submission. Check payments, payable to AIA Maryland, must be received at the AIA Maryland office by Friday, June 15th. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- July, 2018: Online Jury Review by AIA North Carolina
- August 2018: Live Jury Review by AIA North Carolina
- September 27, 2018: Design Awards Celebration at US Naval Academy Stadium, Annapolis, MD.
- AIAMD Members: $125 per project entry
- Other AIA Members: $225 per project entry
Registration fees are non-refundable.
To complete your submission, you must:
- Complete the SUBMISSION FORM in the awards submission portal by Friday, June 15, 11:59 pm EDT
- Upload the PROJECT PDF, PRESENTATION PDF and IMAGE FILES to the submission portal and finalize by Friday, June 15, 11:59 pm EDT
- Make full payment of ENTRY FEES within submission portal (once project is finalized) or by mail to be received by Friday, June 15, 11:59 pm EDT
Review the complete 2018 Call for Entries
Judging Criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
- DESIGN EXCELLENCE
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN / RESILIENCY
- COMMUNITY IMPACT
- Public Building of the Year
- Public Building of the Year
- Institutional Architecture
- Commercial Architecture
- Residential Architecture
- Interior Architecture
- Mixed Use Development
- Urban Design & Master Planning
- Unbuilt Architecture
View the Gallery of all project submissions to the 2017 Design Awards competition for project examples
Watch this uncut 2015 Jury video on YouTube for valuable tips on preparing a submission. (26:53 min)
See also Tips for Creating Strong Awards Entries on the submission portal landing page.
Please complete all requested information in the portal. Required fields are marked with an asterisk. Please be sure the information appears EXACTLY as you wish to see it published and listed on the awards certificates. Check the spelling of names carefully. You may save your work and return to the submission site as often as needed as long as you complete and submit all parts of the project submission, along with payment of entry fees, by the due date.
Please direct questions to AIA Maryland, at email@example.com, or 410.263.0916.