AIA Maryland Excellence in Design Awards 2019
- Projects designed by AIA Maryland members in good standing built anywhere in the world.
(Exception: Projects considered for Public Building of the Year must be located in the state of Maryland.)
- Projects built in Maryland designed by AIA members in good standing from other states who were licensed to practice in Maryland at the time of the project’s completion.
- Built and unbuilt projects completed on or after January 1, 2014 and not having previously received an award from AIA Maryland.
- UNBUILT projects that have previously received an AIA Maryland award may not be resubmitted as BUILT projects.
There is no limit to the number of projects that may be entered by a firm and all materials included in submissions must be cleared for public reproduction. The eligible member submitting the project must be a principal member of the design team responsible for the project or, a principal of the firm that is responsible for the project. Entries must be submitted by the Firm of Record or the Architect of Record.
- Friday, June 14, 2019: Entry deadline - Submissions and Entry Fees are due by 11:59pm EDT. Entrants must submit all entry forms, uploads and remit entry fees to complete the submission. Entrants may pay the entry fee using a credit card in the portal or, by check payable to: AIA Maryland. Check payments must be received at the AIA Maryland office (86 Maryland Ave., Annapolis, MD 21401) by Friday, June 14th.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- July, 2019: Online Jury Review by AIA Ohio
- August 2019: Live Jury Review by AIA Ohio
- September 26, 2019: Excellence in Design Awards Celebration at R.House, Baltimore, MD.
- AIAMD Members: $125 per project entry
- Other AIA Members: $225 per project entry
Registration fees are non-refundable.
To complete your submission, you must:
- Complete the SUBMISSION FORM in the awards submission portal prior to the entry deadline.
- Upload the JURY PDF, PRESENTATION PDF and IMAGE FILES to the submission portal and finalize the entry prior to the deadline.
- Make full payment of ENTRY FEES within submission portal or by mail delivered to AIA Maryland prior to the entry deadline.
Judging Criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
- DESIGN EXCELLENCE
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN / RESILIENCY
- COMMUNITY IMPACT
- Public Building of the Year
- Public Building of the Year
- Institutional Architecture
- Commercial Architecture
- Residential Architecture
- Interior Architecture
- Mixed Use Development
- Urban Design & Master Planning
- Unbuilt Architecture
View the Gallery of all project submissions in the 2018 Excellence in Design competition for project examples.
See also Tips for Creating Strong Awards Entries on the submission portal landing page.
Please complete all requested information in the portal. Required fields are marked with an asterisk. Please be sure the information appears EXACTLY as you wish to see it published and listed on the awards certificates. Check the spelling of names carefully. You may save your work and return to the submission site as often as needed as long as you complete and submit all parts of the project submission, along with payment of entry fees, by the due date.
Please direct questions for AIA Maryland to: email@example.com, or 410.263.0916.