AIA Maryland - STUDENT DESIGN AWARDS 2018
ENTRY DEADLINE: JUNE 1, 2018 - 11:59PM EDT
The purpose of the Student Design Awards Program is to promote architecture in the State of Maryland and to build a relationship between AIA Maryland and the academic community. This program is part of AIA Maryland’s annual design awards program.
- The awards program is open to students enrolled in an architectural program at a community college, college or university in Maryland or, residents of Maryland enrolled in architectural programs located elsewhere. Architectural students enrolled in an architectural program during the 2017-2018 school year are eligible to submit entries completed during the same period.
- The student must be the sole author of the work which has been realized in an academic setting during the previous two semesters.
- A submittal may be from a student team, provided all the members of the team meet the eligibility requirements.
- The work can be a studio project, a competition, or a self-directed project.
- Participation is open to all eligible students at no charge.
- Students who submit to AIA Maryland student awards are encouraged to also submit to the AIA Baltimore FAR scholarship awards. The FAR scholarship program is open to students entering/beginning the final year of their architectural studies program (undergraduate/graduate school/community college) in Maryland.
- Anne Arundel Community College students are encouraged to also submit their entries to the AIA Chesapeake Bay Student Awards Program.
- Designs completed in a professional office are not eligible.
- Friday, June 1, 2018: Submission Forms, Material Uploads are due by 11:59pm EDT.
- Friday, June 8, 2018: Faculty Sponsor letters are due by 11:59pm, EDT.
- June/July, 2018: Online Jury Review by AIA North Carolina
- August, 2018: Live Jury Review by AIA North Carolina
- September 27, 2018: Design Awards Celebration at US Naval Academy Stadium, Annapolis, MD.
Student submissions will be judged by the same jury who will judge the professional submissions for the AIA Maryland Excellence in Design Awards. All entries will be judged individually for their design excellence and for the success with which the project has met its individual requirements. Community College, Graduate and Undergraduate submissions will be judged separately. Judging Criteria include, but are not limited to, the following:
- DESIGN EXCELLENCE
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN / RESILIENCY
- COMMUNITY IMPACT
- Community College Students − Hand Delineation & Design Project
- Undergraduate Students − Beginning Design & Upper Level Design
- Graduate Students − Beginning Design & Upper Level Design
Click here to review the 2018 Call for Entries and submission information.
Please direct questions to AIA Maryland, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 410.263.0916.
Click here to enter a project to the 2018 AIA Maryland Student Design Awards!